Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'M BACK!!!!

I know it has been a while my friends, but we have had some terrible illness pass thru here that had me down for the count.  I'm back up now.  We have found out that everyone is on the mend.   However, please keep my son, Zak, in your prayers as he is struggling with some tough things...too tough for any 9 year old to have to deal with.

As for me, I continued to work out to the best of my ability most days of my illness.  However, the jogging became too difficult for my lungs.  I'm hoping to be back to it tomorrow after taking a day to rest.  I need prayers and encouragement in this area as I am to do my 5K next Friday.  I do feel great after a work out and I think this is what helped me from getting too sick.  Now, I need to add my vitamin and much more rest in there somewhere...YEAH, RIGHT!!!

As of my last weigh in, I was down to 252.9.  I'm pleased, considering I haven't made the best choices this last week.  I mostly ate when I had a second...so guess what we do with only a second here or there.   We eat food that is fast, easy and that means usually higher in calories and/or fat.  I have decided, thru this experience to have cut up carrots and broccoli ready in the fridge, to have grapes, apples and oranges right out in the center of the fridge and to have pre-portioned meats/cheeses ready for a quick snack if the hunger hits and I'm too overwhelmed to prepare something.

1 comment:

Corenae said...

Just remember my favorite scripture...I praise Him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!!!
Also you guys are in our prayers daily...Zak will so kick this thing!!!
I love you and please move home NOW!!!