Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Frustrating Couple of Days / 5K Run

I haven't posted in the last few days because of  "avoidance".  I have been avoiding the fact that I havent' made the best food choices over the last couple of days.  I'M BACK NOW!!!  I realized this morning as I was doing my route that it isn't about watching what goes in my mouth...but rather, how much.  That has been my goal from the beginning.  Instead of being happy that I'm not eating as much, I have been mad at myself for the choices I made.  Guess what!!  When I get mad at myself...I eat more.  Ironic, huh.  So this morning I was craving M&Ms.  I got a bag...not a big one :).  I saw that the whole bag was 440 calories.  I don't want that.  A half bag is 220.  Still don't want to use that many calories on chocolate.  Therefore I choice to eat a 1/4 of the bag.  I ate one at a time and savored them.  Guess what...I only ate 1/8th of the bag and I WAS SATISFIED.  Why are thin people thin...BECAUSE THEY DON'T EAT A LOT AT EACH MEAL.  This is not about going without.  It is about better choices and better portions.  I need to remind myself that everyday, less I get dicsouraged.

One more note.  I am training for my first 5K run at the beginning of November.  I may have to walk 1/2 of it...but I'm going to finish it.  I went on my first outside job/speed walk in years.  I FEEL AWESOME!!!!  Amy...thank you for the idea and being willing to work with me.

4 comments:

Corenae said...

Way to go girl!!! A 5K i am so jealous! I have started the Wii active this week on moderate work out and it is GREAT! i am burning 170-190 calories. Food is forever my struggle. I did choose to eat two oranges last night instead of junk. I was happy and satisfied as you said.
When you are feeling bad about your day blog it so we can build you up! Turning away from your support when you need it is not a good option. You know what.....Lets track/email our food to each other every day!!!! That would help you and me!!! Are you with me????

Diana, said...

I know you can do it!!! I believe in you.
AND some of that skinny b****es just have a high metabolism... I hate skinny people and I wish you lived closer so I could have an exercise partner, Brian does not know what speed walking means, he walks slower then little Brian.

Christiana Horn said...

Thanks for inviting me to follow your blog, Becky. When do you walk -- as in what time of day? Maybe I could come walk w/you sometimes. . . Love ya,
Christiana

Unknown said...

Way to go Beck! You can do this. Remember to go over the list that is more important to you than m&m's. Call someone, work on a letter to mom HA!

"An individual who bears no resposibility for his situation excerts no control over it." Quote of the day
love you