Monday, October 5, 2009

Week One Weigh In

I have completed my first week (of many) of my weight loss challange.  I thank you for all the words of encouragement. 

The weekend was a bit harder than I thought it would be, but I know I didn't eat nearly what I would have before.  Baby steps...Baby steps. 

I DO feel better than I have in a long time and that is encouraging also.  I lost 5.6 lbs this week.  I would have liked to see more for my first week, but I'm greatful that my hard work paid off, even a little.  I know most weeks will be small weight loss, which is the right way to do it.  I have to remember I'm not dieting (temporarily), I'm changing my life style (permenantly).  Slow and steady wins the race!!!!

My "What I Want More Than Food" list is up and I will add on as things hit me.  Joe has also added my weight loss graph. 

I'm having a hard time getting a donation area set up...but hopefully this week.  Please be in prayer in a way that you can sponsor me through one of my organizations.

4 comments:

Corenae said...

ROCK ON!!!! 5 pounds and you wanted more???? I never lost that much i only lost 4 at most once!!! 1 pound at a time and it adds up FAST!!! Believe me it is amazing once you get going!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Corenae said...

i want to be able to comment on what you want to have more then food section,...is that possible???

Margie Kincaid said...

Becky, thats great. I know you can do it. Proud of you.

rgleason said...

Becky, I am so proud of you. Remember, one day at a time, one hour one minute if you have to. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.