Thursday, October 15, 2009

Prayer / Amy / Email Updates

If I haven't mentioned it before, I will now.  Prayer is a very powerful tool.  I have asked God to take away my desire to use food to fill the voids.  He doesn't work on my terms or my time line.  However, I can look back over the last few days and see the desire for the junk food that I used have and the portions I had been consuming are not there.  I know I will have harder days than others, but leaning on my Rock; my God, is the going to be the biggest part of my success.  Try it in your own lives (in faith) and then sit back and see what God can do for you...possibilities are endless.

I have been very blessed by my friend, Amy Harp.  She has offered to help train me for my first 5K...which was her idea also.  She even came over and showed me how to do my weight training properly.  Thank you Amy!!

If you would like to get my blog updates, my wonderful husband has added an area where you can enter your e-mail.  The updates will come to you the day after they are made, but it is an easier way for you to keep up with my progress. 

I'm open to suggestions, requests, etc.  So please post on my blog. 

8 comments:

Stan said...

Awesome! Keep it up girl!

Lee said...

You have my support and prayers sis! I have had similar struggles at different point in my life and know that it can be ongoing, stressful and impactful on self esteem.

Congratulations on making this step. I know that you can succeed!

Corenae said...

I love ya sweetie and am walking beside you in this struggle!!!

Amy said...

You are on the Right Path holding the Right Hand as you go! Way to keep God as your focus b/c "You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength." Phil 4:13

I'm proud of you!!!

Adrienne said...

I am also here to support you! I am close by if you ever need anything let me know! Maybe a weekend walk even! :)

Anonymous said...

Becky, you are motivating me to get my butt moving! Your honesty is amazing. I can't wait to see you in that bikini. Work it!

Colleen said...

I am the "anonymous" post above. LOL Sorry, not sure what happened.

BESTtutoring said...

I am encouraged by your commitment.